Chill with Gill

Explore the mystical and magical with Gill. Scary or relaxing...find out

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Reasons Why I don't use Sandalwood

1. The tree is an endangered species: There was no Sandalwood oil production in India last year.
2. This means that any oil you can afford to buy is not Sandalwood as we know it. So:
3. It is fake, pirated or adulterated; or
4. Oil from a plant with the same name but we don't know it's properties and I wouldn't like to find out the hard way.

I do not understand why it still appears in the National Occupational Standards nor on supplier's lists unless it is as noted in items 3 and 4. Neal's Yards have at least made a statement that they are ceasing to use it and give item 1 as a reason when I guess their main reason is its now far too pricey for putting in FMCGs.

I stopped using it in massage about 10 years ago and only later for the reasons stated above. Why? The aphrodisiac effect it had on my male clients...Enough said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home