Chill with Gill

Explore the mystical and magical with Gill. Scary or relaxing...find out

Sunday, April 30, 2006

You get out of Life What you put into It - Massage is no exception

'You get out of life what you put into it' is a term in common usage.

Last year ...photo of me doing sports massage....

I wondered how I could remember the types of massage needed by the different sportspeople. Easy, they get out what the therapist puts in!

So, a sprinter before the race, needs a quick massage done at full speed ahead working my anaerobic muscle tissue on the runner's anaerobic muscle tissue in the legs and at the other extreme, the marathon runner after the marathon gets a slow paced, relaxing yet aerobic massage which does not leave me with and oxygen debt! It was also odd that on NMT work when their muscle relaxed I knew it had without the need to ask as I felt a wave of relaxation pass over me.

This example of massage is on the physical level, I have used my energy and put it into the athlete, the athlete then uses this energy for balancing the requirement of the event (pre or post). Simple!

Now if the same 'energy exchange' at an emotional and psychological level is considered, the word 'Intention' comes to mind. And that's what we therapists often refer to when the means to the end cannot be scientifically identified.. food for more thought here. Hmmm more later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home