Chill with Gill

Explore the mystical and magical with Gill. Scary or relaxing...find out

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Grand National Tarot hay hay – what are the Odds?

I was goaded into betting a small amount on the Grand National yesterday. I remember winning a fiver with Red Rum in the 70s but certainly had not bothered this century.
So which horses?
Let’s use the tarot as an experiment …
I shuffled the deck and these were my four “winners” listed in order dealt off the top of the pack:
The World – obvious choice was Rule the World. It won;
Ten of Swords – this took a while to find going through all the names of the horses to reflect something about this card. Was it Many Clouds?  – No a bit watery. Was it Double Ross (as in double cross). No, not really. Then I spotted it – the Last Samurai. Of course! The last pip card and it is a sword. It came second.
Then deciding the other horses became a bit foggy, I was obviously running out of steam.
Ace of Wands – Was it One Night in Vienna or Vieux Lion Rouge? Both a bit passionate, I chose the wrong one as the latter managed to finish coming 7th.
Queen of Swords – Too much choice here with Many Clouds (16th), Black Thunder and On his own (neither seemed to run). Presumably, Black Thunder stormed off after I had chosen the old battleaxe.

So next time, I’ll continue the experiment but pick only two cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home