Chill with Gill

Explore the mystical and magical with Gill. Scary or relaxing...find out

Thursday, July 27, 2023

An aromatic paranormal parting of soul mates

 In loving memory of Tony Burfield

7th July 1946 to 17th May 2023

Tony, who was scientifically renown on a global scale for his contributions to the flavours and fragrance industries - specifically aromatherapy, sadly passed away in May.

I hadn't seen him for a while as unfortunately dementia had firmly struck him earlier this year. His fantastic brain had gone and he didn't know me anymore. 

It was in May that I was sitting out in my garden stargazing as usual when I suddenly smelt a candle snuffed out. There was no apparant source, and I felt he had "scent" me a message to say that he had gone. I sent a prayer and loving wishes to him.

So I waited patiently for a phone call which came this week from his son.

We had not only loved together and had many hilarious times throughout our relationship, we worked together too. I helped him with his research at the British Library and various conferences in the UK and abroad. He also worked for me giving talks to my aromatherapy students.

Tony, you will stay in my heart forever.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home