Chill with Gill

Explore the mystical and magical with Gill. Scary or relaxing...find out

Monday, January 22, 2007

Kicking up a stink in the AT world

This is what I get (in reverse order it is a copy of my e mail)... what do you think? (Names have been removed by request).
I think this is very dangerous... So much for being and aromatherapist let alone teacher of it! I replied:
I do need the minutes for the meeting. All businesses have to keep their records for 6 or more years….err taxman etc.
Please recover and send asap. Please beware of not using ‘voluntary’ more in the new AC website. As a member I trust I would not be accountable for this oversight.
Thank you for the power point presentation.
Regards Gillian Avart
They replied to me:
From: Aromatherapy Council [mailto:complementary.therapist@ntlworld.com] Sent: 22 January 2007 15:27 To: 'Gill' Subject: RE: Voluntary Regulation
Dear Gill The Consortium no longer exists and therefore the minutes of the Consortium are no longer on the old Consortium website, now deleted. The information in the minutes is now obsolete as is my powerpoint presentation from the information day. Things have now moved on from July 2006 and the information is out of date. However, I am quite happy to attach it for your personal information. The best thing if people you know have questions about regulation is to deirect them to our website or ask them to call the AC office. The Council is now in existence as from the 1st December 2006 as the official voluntary self-regulatory body for the UK aromatherapy profession. It clearly states this on the “About the AC” page. Established in December 2006, the Aromatherapy Council (AC) is the Voluntary Self-Regulatory body for the Aromatherapy profession within the UK. This makes it perfectly clear and we also make this clear in all press releases. The Constitution also makes this distinction, so there would be no “legal issues” as you say and certainly no false impressions and we make this clear to all callers to the office that the register is voluntary but essential to the furtherance of the profession. If you remember we gave everyone free extended membership of the Consortium to November 2006 as we were unable to get everything ready for the register for 1st October as hoped. In effect you have received 12 months registration. Kind regards Carole Preen AC Office Tel: 0870 7743477 Website: http://www.aromatherapycouncil.co.uk/
I sent:
From: Gill [mailto:Higher_Circles@hotmail.com] Sent: 22 January 2007 14:21 To: info@aromatherapycouncil.co.uk Subject: Voluntary Regulation
Hi, Sometime ago I asked where the minutes of the AC’s meeting dated 14/07/06 were on the website. You said that the site was being changed, so I have looked at the new one. There are no minutes there, so I hope you can mail them to me. Perhaps along with Ian Smith’s presentation and accompanying transcripts? I am often asked about regulation and these would be of great help to me as well as for my personal research and records. Access was promised at the meeting and aren’t they a right for members/attendees? Secondly, I notice on the new site that ‘voluntary’ is rarely mentioned whereas ‘regulation’ is very frequent. I do feel that it would be helpful if ‘voluntary’ is inserted before every occurrence of ‘regulation’ as it may lead to false impressions and legal issues arising. Thirdly, I notice that the membership of the new AC expires in September 07. I was given the impression that membership would be annual. Why the change and shouldn’t the fee have been reduced accordingly? Looking forward to your reply and minutes etc. Regards Gill Avart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home